Hi David,

The PhoenixConnection class is not thread-safe, and shouldn't be
shared over multiple threads. I think that this is probably the case
with quite a few other JDBC drivers as well, so it's generally safer
to use a JDBC connection pool if you want to use connections in
multiple threads.

If I remember correctly, a single HConnection is used (and shared) by
multiple PhoenixConnection objects that have been instantiated from
the same Driver instance, so there shouldn't be any performance
overhead to using a single Phoenix connection per thread.

- Gabriel