There are no limits to the syntax. Pherf just send whatever is in the files
it reads directly to phx client. Can you post exact file you are using?

Also, a couple of pointers.
-Use a different file than the ones provided. Just put it in the config
directory created in the installation. Pherf will pick any new files up
automatically.
-Use a different namespace and table as to avoid conflicts.