From: Nishant Patel [mailto:nishant.k.pa...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 10:26 AM
To: user@phoenix.apache.org
Subject: Hbase and Phoenix Performance improvement

Hi,
I am trying to measure performance for Hbase and Phoenix.
I have generated 1000 records per day with combination of Column1 and Column2.
I have created 5 different combination for column1 and column2 and created data
for 365 days. Total records I have generated 5 * 5 * 365 * 1000 = 9125000
I am writing 75+ qualifiers in one Column Family for each record.

Rowkey Design is as below : column1|column2|date(yyyyMMdd)|unique identifier. I
have used one byte character as rowkey separator. I have create view in Phoenix
on top of Hbase table.
My all queries contain column1 , column2 and date as filter condition.
If date range is less than 1 month I get response in less than 1 second. if
date range is 3/6/12 months then response comes in seconds. Sometime it takes
25+ seconds for 12 months range.
My question is, is it possible to get response in phoenix in less than 1 second
for amount of data I have specified. If yes what kind of tuning need to be
done? As of now I have not done any changes at Hbase and Phoenix except proper
rowkey design.
I am trying to verify whether phoenix will suit our requirement or not.
--
Thanks,
Nishant