Shouldn't be a big challenge, the friction for porting back patches from a
1.1 based tree to a 1.0 based tree will be low. The exception will be
anything touching Region/HRegion but those differences can be mostly
handled with simple substitution.

For CDH users, note there's also
https://github.com/chiastic-security/phoenix-for-cloudera, which has
branches for the last two releases, should be informally maintained by the
Phoenix community for a while, and lets you build Phoenix release binary
compatible with CDH's version of HBase.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy