Hi Kevin,

You can access the data created using phoenix with java hbase api .. Use
the sample code below..

Keep in mind for varchar (i.e. for columns whose size is unknown phoenix
uses separator) based columns we need to use
QueryConstants.SEPARATOR_BYTE_ARRAY as the separator and for number based
columns we dont need any separator (since phoenix keeps fixed size for such
columns)

byte[] startRow = ByteUtil.concat(PVarchar.INSTANCE
                    .toBytes("primaryKeyCol1Value"),
QueryConstants.SEPARATOR_BYTE_ARRAY,
                    PVarchar.INSTANCE.toBytes("primaryKeyCol2Value");

Get get = new Get(startRow);
Result result = table.get(get);

String colValue = Bytes.toString(result.getValue(Bytes.toBytes("colFamily"),
                    Bytes.toBytes("colName")));

Also read about PrefixFilter and range filters

Hope this helps

Sanooj

--
Thanks,