Hi Tongzhou,

Maybe you can try `ALTER INDEX index ON table DISABLE`. And then the same command with USABLE after you update the index. Are you attempting to do this incrementally? Like, a bulk load of data then a bulk load of index data, repeat?

Regarding the TTL, I assume so, but I'm not certain.

Tongzhou Wang wrote:
Hi all,

I am writing to ask if there is a way to disable an index, then update
it through the MapReduce job (IndexTool). I want to bulk load a huge
amount of data, but index maintaining makes it very slow. It would be
great if I can disable an index, load data, then use a MapReduce job to
update it to usable state.

Also, does Phoenix's secondary index maintaining take TTL into account?

Thanks,
Tongzhou