Cool, thanks for the info, JM. Thinking out loud..

* Could be missing/inaccurate /etc/krb5.conf on the nodes running spark tasks * Could try setting the Java system property sun.security.krb5.debug=true in the Spark executors
* Could try to set org.apache.hadoop.security=DEBUG in log4j config

Hard to guess at the real issue without knowing more :). Any more context you can share, I'd be happy to try to help.

(ps. obligatory warning about PHOENIX-3189 if you're using 4.8.0)

Jean-Marc Spaggiari wrote:
Using the keytab in the JDBC URL. That the way we use locally and we
also tried to run command line applications directly from the worker
nodes and it works, But inside the Spark Executor it doesn't...