Hi Dequn,

There should be more to this stacktrace than you provided as the actual cause is not included. Can you please include the entire stacktrace? If you are not seeing this client-side, please check the Phoenix Query Server log file to see if there is more there.

Dequn Zhang wrote:
Hello, since spark 2.x can not use Phoenix Spark Interpreter to load
data, so I want to use JDBC, but when I want to get a *thin connection*,
I got the following Error info while using *direct connection is ok* ,
I ran it in spark-shell, scala 2.11.8, so can anyone give a solution?

    Phoenix : 4.8.1-HBase-1.2

        scala>
        val jdbcDf = spark.read
        .format("jdbc")
        .option("driver","org.apache.phoenix.queryserver.client.Driver")

.option("url","jdbc:phoenix:thin:url=http://192.168.6.131:8765;serialization=PROTOBUF";)
        .option("dbtable","imos")
        .load()

        java.sql.SQLException: While closing connection
           at
        org.apache.calcite.avatica.Helper.createException(Helper.java:39)
           at

org.apache.calcite.avatica.AvaticaConnection.close(AvaticaConnection.java:156)
           at

org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.jdbc.JDBCRDD$.resolveTable(JDBCRDD.scala:167)
           at

org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.jdbc.JDBCRelation.<init>(JDBCRelation.scala:117)
           at

org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.jdbc.JdbcRelationProvider.createRelation(JdbcRelationProvider.scala:53)
           at

org.apache.spark.sql.execution.datasources.DataSource.resolveRelation(DataSource.scala:345)
           at
        org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.load(DataFrameReader.scala:149)
           at
        org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrameReader.load(DataFrameReader.scala:122)
           ... 53 elided
        Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: response code 500
           at

org.apache.calcite.avatica.remote.RemoteService.apply(RemoteService.java:45)
           at

org.apache.calcite.avatica.remote.JsonService.apply(JsonService.java:227)
           at

org.apache.calcite.avatica.remote.RemoteMeta.closeConnection(RemoteMeta.java:78)
           at

org.apache.calcite.avatica.AvaticaConnection.close(AvaticaConnection.java:153)
           ... 59 more