Hi Pradeep,

No, this is one you will likely have to work around on your own by building a custom Phoenix client jar that does not include the javax-servlet classes. They are getting transitively pulled into Phoenix via Hadoop (IIRC). If your web application already has the classes present, you can build your own client jar that excludes dependencies that you already have bundled.

Take a look at [1] for an example of how we build the phoenix-client jar. You can easily add some exclusions to the maven-shade-plugin.

- Josh

[1] https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/v4.8.1-HBase-1.2/phoenix-client/pom.xml

pradeep arumalla wrote:
hello group , when I try to connect to hbase  using
*phoenix-4.8.1-HBase-1.2-client.jar *in my web application on tomcat*,
*I see the jar is getting rejected because of
javax/servlet/Servlet.class package being present in the jar, is there
an other jar to use ?.Please advice.

INFO:
validateJarFile(/Users/bill/Downloads/apache-tomcat-7.0.72/wtpwebapps/DataVisualization/WEB-INF/lib/*phoenix-4.8.1-HBase-1.2-client.jar*)
- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 3.0, section 10.7.2. Offending class:
javax/servlet/Servlet.class

Nov 23, 2016 10:46:41 AM
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase validateJarFile

thanks

Pradeep