PQS "finds" where to talk to ZooKeeper based on hbase-site.xml on the classpath.

This uses the environment variable HBASE_CONF_DIR. When this environment variable is not set, it defaults to /etc/hbase/conf on unix-like systems. Would recommend you investigate the classpath of PQS on your installation and investigate as needed.