Hi Stepan,

Can you better ballpark the Phoenix-Spark performance you've seen (e.g. how much hardware do you have, how many spark executors did you use, how many region servers)? Also, what versions of software are you using?

I don't think there are any firm guidelines on how you can solve this problem, but you've found the tools available for you.

* You can try Phoenix+Spark to run over the Phoenix tables in place
* You can use Phoenix+Hive to offload the data into Hive for queries

If Phoenix-Spark wasn't fast enough, I'd imagine using the Phoenix-Hive integration to query the data would be similarly not fast enough.

It's possible that the bottleneck is something we could fix in the integration, or fix configuration of Spark and/or Phoenix. We'd need you to help quantify this better :)