I don't recall any big issues on 4.13.2, but I, admittedly, haven't followed it closely.

You weren't doing anything weird on your own -- you wrote data via the JDBC driver? Any index tables?

Aside from weirdness in the client with statistics, there isn't much I've seen that ever causes a "bad" table. You have to try pretty hard to "corrupt" a table.