Hi Jaanai,

Thanks for putting your thought. The behavior you describe is correct on
the Hbase region sever side. The memory usage for blockcache and memstore
will be high under such high throughput. But our phoenix client is on a
gateway machine (no hbase region server sitting on it or any Hbase service
on it), so not sure how to explain such high memory usage for upsert select
without "limit" clause. The high memory usage behavior like all select
results send to client machine, cached in client machine's memory, and then
insert back to target table, which is not like the behavior that should
happen, all of this should be done on the server side as the table schema
is exactly the same. By the way, this happens on both Phoenix 4.7 and
Phoenix 4.14.

Thanks,
Shawn