I also faced many stability problems with Phoenix..it's very complicated to
tune the tables in order to have decent performance for all kind of queries.
Since we need to be performant for every type of query (analytics and
exploration) we use Elasticsearch + Join plugin (i.e. Siren platform [1])

Best,
Flavio

[1] https://siren.io/welcome-siren-platform/