From: Alan Gates [mailto:ga...@yahoo-inc.com] Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 1:16 PM
To: Thejas M Nair
Cc: pig-u...@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Pig bylaws

Comments inlined. However, I feel like we're getting stuck in a rathole on this one issue of consensus and 2/3's votes. So I would like to ask two questions now:

1) Are there any other issues besides voting we feel should be discussed before we move to a vote? 2) For those who have expressed concern about the voting, are these concerns enough to make you not vote for these bylaws, or can you live with it as is? I am concerned that this discussion could go on with point and counter point ad infinitum. I'm more interested in having bylaws than in having perfect bylaws. We can amend them as necessary as we go.

Alan.