Hi Jai,

Thanks for your email. I suspect that its the Strings in tight loop reason
as you have suggested. I have a loop in my udf that does the following.

while((startInd = someLog.indexOf('[',startInd)) > 0) {
                                endInd = someLog.indexOf(']', startInd);
                                if(endInd > 0) {
                                        category = someLog.substring(startInd,
endInd+1);
                                        cats.add(category);
                                }
                                startInd = endInd;
                        }

My jobs are failing in both local and mr mode. UDF works fine for a
smaller input (a few lines). Also, I checked that sizeof someLog doesnt
exceed a 10000.

Thanks,
Aniket