Hi Eric,

Thanks for your response.

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Eric Djatsa <djatsa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tharindu, try having a look at Brisk(
> http://www.datastax.com/products/brisk) it integrates Hadoop with
> Cassandra and is shipped with Hive for SQL analysis. You can then install
> Sqoop(http://www.cloudera.com/downloads/sqoop/) on top of Hadoop in order
> to enable data import/export between Hadoop and MySQL.
> Does this sound ok to you ?
>
> These do sound ok. But I was looking at using something from Apache itself.

Brisk sounds nice, but I feel that disregarding HDFS and totally switching
to Cassandra is not the right thing to do. Just my opinion there. I feel we
are not using the true power of Hadoop then.

I feel Pig has more integration with Cassandra, so I might take a look
there.

Whichever I choose, I will contribute the code back to the Apache projects I
use. Here's a sample data analysis I do with my language. Maybe, there is no
generic way to do what I want to do.

<get name="NodeId">
<index name="ServerName" start="" end=""/>
<!--<index name="nodeId" start="AS" end="FB"/>-->
<!--<groupBy index="nodeId"/>-->
<granularity index="timeStamp" type="hour"/>
</get>

<lookup name="Event"/>

<aggregate>
<measure name="RequestCount" aggregationType="CUMULATIVE"/>
<measure name="ResponseCount" aggregationType="CUMULATIVE"/>
<measure name="MaximumResponseTime" aggregationType="AVG"/>
</aggregate>

<put name="NodeResult" indexRow="allKeys"/>

<log/>

<get name="NodeResult">
<index name="ServerName" start="" end=""/>
<groupBy index="ServerName"/>
</get>

<aggregate>
<measure name="RequestCount" aggregationType="CUMULATIVE"/>
<measure name="ResponseCount" aggregationType="CUMULATIVE"/>
<measure name="MaximumResponseTime" aggregationType="AVG"/>
</aggregate>

<put name="NodeAccumilator" indexRow="allKeys"/>

<log/>

--
Regards,

Tharindu