In case what you're looking for is an analysis over the full learning
duration, and not just the start interval, then one further insight is
that each original record can be transformed into a sequence of
records, where the size of the sequence corresponds to the session
duration.  In other words, you can use a UDF to "explode" the original
record:

1,marco,1319708213,500,math

into:

1,marco,1319708190,500,math
1,marco,1319708220,500,math
1,marco,1319708250,500,math
1,marco,1319708280,500,math
1,marco,1319708310,500,math
1,marco,1319708340,500,math
1,marco,1319708370,500,math
1,marco,1319708400,500,math
1,marco,1319708430,500,math
1,marco,1319708460,500,math
1,marco,1319708490,500,math
1,marco,1319708520,500,math
1,marco,1319708550,500,math
1,marco,1319708580,500,math
1,marco,1319708610,500,math
1,marco,1319708640,500,math
1,marco,1319708670,500,math
1,marco,1319708700,500,math

and then use Bill's suggestion to group by course, interval.

Norbert