I'm pretty sure that Java's string handling already has something to do
this, so you could probably call that the same way you'd call a UDF
(assuming there isn't some pig latin to do the job for you). On the
other hand, I think the call for that might be a method in the String
class and don't know if pig has a nice way of calling a data type's
methods. Now I'm curious if such a feature exists.

-Kris

--
Kris Coward                                     http://unripe.melon.org/