Thanks for the reference, Yes I am aware of it but I can't use it as is.
For my future references also it would be good for me to know:

1. If I create a static member in UDF class is that one instance per mapper
 task?
 2. Is there a method that gets called at the end of mapper method that I
 can use for cleanup?
On the same subject is it better to index in UDF or storefunc? I am trying
to see how to decide in this case where you are interacting with external
system.