Please take a look at Alek and Jimmy's paper on ML in Pig; there are
also a few presentations they did on this, here's one from the Hadoop
Summit:
https://speakerdeck.com/u/lintool/p/large-scale-machine-learning-at-twitter

Note also that Ted Dunning has taken some of the stuff we open-sourced
that allows us to do this, and hooked it up with Mahout feature
vectors:
https://github.com/tdunning/pig-vector  (we do something quite similar
internally, using the same base libraries).

-Dmitriy