Thanks - any chance of contributing some of that code? :)

I have thought of a similar approach: starting with an XMLToPig
EvalFunc that takes the output of the existing XMLLoader and converts
it to tuple/bag/map form. Easier to baby step that, just a matter of
plugging that code in to the xml slice trimmed by XMLLoader, and much
easier once the EvalFunc works.

Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com