Hi Johnny,
Actually it was a mistake on my part. I was writing some custom code
that launches Grunt and I had a call that passed my input through
ParameterSubstitutionPreprocessor when it may not need to be. I
haven't had a chance to thoroughly read that class. Do you know off
the top of your head what kind of functionality does this class
provide? Would I be correct in assuming it's normally not needed?

Jeff