Hi S:

I would suggest you look into apache bigtop's bigpetstore project and
borrow from the pig profile in the pom.xml file there.  it does essentially
what you want, and also has all the pig libraries necesssary for running
the whole thing in a maven task.

For an intro to the bigpetstore project's goals you can watch the youtube
demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVB3nEKN94k, which also shows how we
test the pig portion locally and then how we run the same thing in a
cluster.

To test it locally, you do : mvn clean verify -P pig.  You can easily adopt
the TestPig*IT.java class for your own integration testing needs.

To run the same thing on the cluster, you run the corresponding pig class
in a hadoop job.

See
https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-bigpetstore/README.mdfor
details .