Thanks Andrew, no worries.

Okay, I did some more digging, and here's what I found (may be it's not the
right thing to do, but it helps me progress further to locate the area in
the script in which the problem occurs) :

1. The first line in the 'pig' windows executable starts with @echo off,
followed by a whole lot of comments. These text, to me, do not look like
valid commands, in which case, the entire line should be commented out with
'REM'.  I did that, and the script was able to proceed normally, till it
hits the 'call -Xmx' command.

2. When 'call -Xmx' is executed, it complains about '-Xmx1000M' not being a
valid command.  I did a help on windows 'call' command, and I found that
the parameters to 'call' should be in the format 'call <filename>
<parameters>, but in this case,
'call' is invoked with '-XMx' as the filename, because of which, I presume,
the script is failing.

It looks like the script is broken. Windows folks can confirm. Please let
me know how to work around the 'call' command problem to proceed with the
installation testing.

Thanks,
Venkat.