Hi,
I am using a Python UDF which requires Jython 2.7.0 but the latest version of
Pig comes with an older version 2.5.3. It seems that it's possible to update
and compile Pig yourself to achieve this but I have not been able to find much
info on how to do this exactly.
I found an older thread in the dev list where the changes required in Pig are
listed:https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/pig-dev/201306.mbox/%3CCAEZPgyvf8W-etzP3m4yOqXDn9==8KFK_gQ=vsy7mqwe4nxc...@mail.gmail.com%3E

However I'm not sure how to carry out those changes.
- Do I need to download Pig source code from somewhere or do I make those
changes in my current Pig install?- Where do I replace the Jython jar and how
will Pig know it has to use the new one?- How do I compile Pig again to use my
own version then?
Can anyone provide more info on this process please?
Josh