It's a valid ask and I'm afraid we currently don't have that feature (in
neither mapreduce nor tez).https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-4424

This is blocked by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2597  and assigned
to me.

I need to find time to get to this.  Sorry!
Koji

On Sunday, March 19, 2017, 10:35:55 AM EDT, Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
wrote:Yeah, I'm aware of that. I think my question wasn't clear. I intend to
assign resources to individual MR jobs which get created during the course
of execution of a pig script. Say, I have a script which performs a JOIN
followed by a GROUP BY. Now I want to provide resources to my script based
on the magnitude of computation required by these 2 separate MR jobs. For
example, separate values for memory for JOIN and GROUP BY.

As per its default behaviour Pig will use same resource values for all the
MR jobs spawned from a single script.

Hope I was able to clarify it a bit.

[image: --]

Tariq, Mohammad