Hi,

I am using Windows 10 + git bash for testing Pig local mode.

I have just executed "pig -x local"... and got an error message.

But what surprised me is that when running the local mode I have got
"hadoop-config.sh: No such file or directory".

OK, I may have a non-perfect Hadoop installation / config on my PC...
However, I am worried that the Pig local mode requires any Hadoop
configuration.

My idea was to use Pig on a PC, but w/o embedding/installing Hadoop (heavy
install).
So I expected (1) download Pig, (2) unzip, (3) use Pig local mode w/o any
Hadoop config // (3) enables to push Pig into the hands of more dev

Is it normal that "pig -x local" requires any Hadoop config ? What is the
reason behind it (for local mode) ?

Is it possible to avoid any Hadoop config when using local mode (so that
Pig local mode works out of the box) ?

Thanks

Dominique