Zachary,

If you look at the source you will find the difference.

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/poi/trunk/src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/poi/hwpf/usermodel/Picture.java?view=markup

Line 318          private void fillImageContent()

322         // HACK: Detect compressed images.  In reality there should be some
way to determine
323         //       this from the first 32 bytes, but I can't see any
similarity between all the
324         //       samples I have obtained, nor any similarity in the data
block contents.
325         if (matchSignature(rawContent, COMPRESSED1, 32) ||
matchSignature(rawContent, COMPRESSED2, 32))
326         {
327           try

What do you think this means?

BTW - Nick and other have generously offered help. Please take a more careful
look. If you lost any of these replies there are archives available:

http://search.gmane.org/?query=&author=Zachary+Mitchell&group=gmane.comp.jakarta.poi.user&sort=date&DEFAULTOP=and&xFILTERS=Gcomp.jakarta.poi.user-Amitchell-Azachary---A

Regards,
Dave