On Fri, 10 Dec 2010, Mark Beardsley wrote:
No, that does not seem to work for me. The result is that the workbook in
the embeddings folder is actually empty or blank following the write
operation and using the OutputStream obtained from the PackagePart object.

Hmm. That ought to work. Any chance you could knock up a unit test for that when you get a minute?

Also, deleting the .emf does not cause Word to update the image when the document is subsequently opened.

Maybe you need to delete the image section from within the word stream, as well as zapping the .emf itself. (I'm going on what was suggested by someone a month or two back)

Nick