> I have used the BigGridDemo scenerio for creating more than 65K rows per
> sheet, but I wanted to write merged cells (I know what are the cells to be
> merged). I was not able to over come this problem can some one please
> suggest me what is the tag to be used and how to mention merged cells as a
> property. If you suggest any good tutorial to know xml mappings to Excel
> (.xlsx) I am very much thankful.

All of the XML based office files are really zipped up directories of XML files.

I would suggest that you create a new xlsx with one unmerged cell and a merged
cell with text.

Unzip the XLSX and look through the files to find your text. That should help
you understand what XML Excel is looking for and maybe how to alter BigGridDemo
to suit your needs.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Dave