When implementing data validation, check out the example from the User
Guide [1]. Scroll down for the XSSF section. The DataValidation interface
[2] is pretty small. Searching Google for "data validation POI" gives quite
a few helpful examples how to use the class if the User Guide doesn't
answer those questions.

[1] https://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/quick-guide.html#Validation
[2]
https://poi.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/poi/ss/usermodel/DataValidation.html