As I toiled away trying to figure out how to restart styled
bulleted/numbered/lettered lists without messing with the applied numbering
style - as there seems to be a lack of reasonable examples (in both the unit
tests, and existing documentation and tutorials)

I finally found a solution - and I kind of understand it… So I published a full
working sample here:
https://github.com/jimklo/apache-poi-sample/blob/master/src/main/java/com/sri/jklo/StyledDocument.java

<https://github.com/jimklo/apache-poi-sample/blob/master/src/main/java/com/sri/jklo/StyledDocument.java>

A) so I don’t forget how to do this… and B) so hopefully others don’t have to
struggle as much as I did in trying to figure this out.

Enjoy,

Jim