Hi,

one thing was not quite clear about the original question:
do you actually need the Excel at all?
or is the sole purpose of the exercise just to generate a CSV-File for your upload?

And even if you do need the Excel, it would seem easier just to change the
Programme to write the CSV as a second file without having to use POI for that bit.

Surely, the Excel CSV-Format is just a question of using other delimiters between fields? (and maybe quoting/escaping any strings containing delimiters, which is absolutely trivial)

All the best,
DaveLaw