I'm using POI 3.17 and I've got a basic Pivot table working. Right now, I have rows, and I'm summing a column.

I'd like to add columns. E.G. one of my source data columns is a period label. For example, 2018-05 or 2018-07. I'd like each period to be grouped, and the sums broken out by the Row/Period Label.

It doesn't seem like this is possible in 3.17. Is support for this in the 4.0 snapshot?

If it is, could someone give me a hint to how to add the columns?

If it's not, I can get by, because it's just them dragging a column heading into the Columns segment of the Pivot Table editor, but I thought I'd ask.

BTW, this works REALLY well. I've always limited myself to CSV output, but the ability to create sheets is really cool!

--
George S.
*MH Software, Inc.*