On Tue, 2023-09-19 at 12:12 +0200, Jakub Vojtíšek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a couple of general questions:
> 1) Is there any plan or desire for POI to support exporting Excel
> tables to
> PDF?
> 2) Do you know of any framework, preferably open source, using POI to
> create PDF documents from excel files?
>
> Many thanks,
> Jakub

Greetings Jakub.

since I am only a user, but not a POI developer I can speak only for
myself.
I do not think that there is a pre-built solution for this.

In our software, I wrote code for:

1) render a XLS/XLSX sheet as a JTable (although no cell merge
supported)
2) export the JTable to a HTML table
3) render the HTML table as PDF via Apache FOP

This solution is good and sufficient for Data Tables (like in Database
Tables or Result Sets).
I would stand ready to assist you with code snippets when needed.

Cheers
Andreas