Hi lokotochek,

You mentioned that it wasn't necessary to redeploy after retraining.
However, today I have come across a PIO wepage that I hadn't seen before
that tells me to redeploy after retraining (section 'Update Model with New
Data'):

http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/deploy/

Particularly, this page suggests adding the following line to the crontab
to retrain every day:

*0 0 * * *   $PIO_HOME/bin/pio train; $PIO_HOME/bin/pio deploy*

Here it is clear that it is redeploying after retraining. So does it
not actually hot-swap the model? Or the UR does but this page is more
general for other templates
that might not do that?

Thank for your help!