BTW there seems now to be a way to host on Github (not ASF Git) by linking our
ASF accounts to our git accounts. This would make a bunch of things much easier
like PRs can be reviewed and merged directly,  direct merging of doc changes by
users, lots of nice stuff that is GUI related.  This would open up a whole new
toolchain unless there are some hidden restrictions and unless I’m misreading
something.

https://gitbox.apache.org/ <https://gitbox.apache.org/>

Even given the risk of GH going down I’d take it over forcing the poor Infra
people to guarantee some SLA for our own git servers. They must have a zillion
more interesting things to do.

I’d be happy to shepherd the Infra Jira if people want this. What do people
think?