Yes, the new `pio batchpredict` command will be part of the next release.

The feature & docs have been merged, but you can still see the pull requests
for what is being added:
  feature - https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/pull/412
  docs - https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/pull/418

To try it out before release, you may clone the repo
https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio, `make-distribution.sh` on
develop branch, and then `pio batchpredict` will be available.

*Mars