Memory depends on your data and the engine you are using. Spark puts all data
into memory across the Spark cluster so if that is one machine, 4g will not
allow more than toy or example data. Remember that PIO and Machine Learning in
general works best with big data.

BTW my laptop has 16g and I can only process limited data in an all-in-one
configuration. Unless you are connecting to external services like Spark, or
HDFS, etc, 4g will not get you very far.