Yes, this is just for Hortonworks distribution but you can assume that as
far as Ranger is concerned some backward compliancy have been implemented,
so Ranger 0.6.0 supports Hadoop 2.7.3 and older versions of Hadoop, and
Ranger 1.0 supports Hadoop 3.1.0 and older ... but Bosco know this better
than I do so I'll let him confirm.
Best regards,

Loïc CHANEL
System Big Data engineer