Hello !

I send you this mail because I have a problem when I try to enable the
Ranger plugin for HBase.
I have an HDP 2.6.2  (HBase version is 1.1.2) with 500 HBase regionservers
and 2 HBase Masters.
I have around 100 000 regions in this HBase cluster.

Without Ranger, when I start the cluster, it takes around 20-30 minuts to
be started, and then it answers normally.

With Ranger enabled for HBase, when I start the cluster, it takes more than
an hour to start, and then when I query HBase to scan or to put, I often
encounter timeout errors from the regionservers.

Is it a known issue that Ranger provoke a performance drop in HBase ?
Is there a way to solve this performance problem ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Best regards.

Lune