Hi guys,

Has anyone been able to make LDAP sync work with an anonymous bind with
latest versions of Ranger ?
On the Apache documentation I made 7 years ago
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/Configure+Ranger+UserSync+for+LDAP>
I could see that anonymous bind was not supported anymore, but as I'm
looking into the latest version of install.properties file
<https://github.com/apache/ranger/blob/master/unixauthservice/scripts/install.properties>
I can see in line 104 and 105 that a LDAP password has to be provided
"unless anonymous search is allowed". The thing is, I get an installation
error when I leave this field blank. Therefore I'm wondering if there is a
way to make usersync work with anonymous bind.
Thanks for your help,

Loïc CHANEL
Technical leader Big Data
Capgemini (Lyon, France)