Hi all,

I sent an eamil before related to 3 problems I met when using ranger 0.6;

After going through the source code and log, one of my co-worker find the
x_datamask_type_def table in mysql database is empty which lead to the empty
datamask filed on web ui. I tried rerun the de_setup.py and ./setup.sh withing
ranger-0.6.2-admin and the table was still empty.

I tried dropping all the table on the ranger databases and this actually solved
the empty datamask field and row-level-filteing not taking effect.

Now the datamasking and the row level filtering can work fine, but the hdfs
audit still appears in mysql instead of in web ui.

So, two of the 3 problems I met actually related to reusing mysql database from
ranger 0.5.

Hope this can help anyone who may encouter the same problems.

Heyang Wang