On 7/6/06, Garner Shawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

so in my dataList I can do #{welcome$products.productsList}

<managed-bean>
                <managed-bean-name>productsMangedBean</managed-bean-name>
                <managed-bean-class>java.util.ArrayList
</managed-bean-class>
                <managed-bean-scope>application</managed-bean-scope>
        </managed-bean>

        <managed-bean>
                <managed-bean-name>welcome$products</managed-bean-name>
                <managed-bean-class>
com.age.j.soft.beans.ProductBackingBean</managed-bean-class>
                <managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
                <managed-property>
                        <property-name>productsList</property-name>
                        <property-class>java.lang.ArrayList
</property-class>
                        <value>#{productsMangedBean}</value>
                </managed-property>
        </managed-bean>

then com.age.j.soft.beans.ProductBackingBean can implement the
viewcontroller interface to get init called to populate the list
before the view is rendered.

Does this look about right?

Yep ... that should all work, although you could also bind your view
components directly to  #{productsManagedBean} if you wanted to, and avoid
the need for the extra level of indirection.

I also presume you have some initialization mechanism that populates the
actual list elements for "productsManagedBean" someplace?

Shawn

Craig