DynaFaces ?

even google knows nothing about it :)

sounds like my old "friends" DynaActionForm ... :)

On 7/19/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/19/06, Carl Sziebert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> Let me preface my message with this: I am relatively new to Shale and
> the remoting capabilities it has to offer.  I am curious to understand
> the functionality better.  I'd like to know if it is possible to pull
> in the contents of a JSP in as part of the response. If so, can the
> JSP have JSF tags in it and how would I go about this? I have a
> backing bean defined in my config file as
> <managed-bean-name>remoting$cartHandler</managed-bean-name> and am
> successfully calling the addItem method. (ex:
> sendRequest("/concierge/dynamic/remoting$cartHandler/addItem.jsf?hotelId="
> + escape(id), cartHandlerCallback); )  If this is possible, I am
> assuming that I'll still have to call context.responseComplete(),
> correct?

It would be technically feasible to use remoting for this purpose, although
it is not a first class use case.  The general idea would be to use the "web
application resource" mechanism (which is  the same thing you'd use to
download a static CSS stylesheet or javascript file, for example).  Instead
of a context-relative URL like:

    /webapp/foo/bar.css

you would use a URL like

    /webapp/foo/bar.faces

(assuming you are using *.faces mapping).

That all being said, however, I suspect that Shale Remoting is not the best
approach if what you are after is dynamic responses that are constructed
with JSF components.  You might want to look at some of the component based
solutions that support "partial page refresh" -- the MyFaces component
libraries (including the incubator "Trinidad" library, which was originally
ADF Faces).  Another interesting technology to look at is the DynaFaces
facility that is part of the jsf-extensions[1] library at java.net.

Craig

[1] https://jsf-extensions.dev.java.net/

Thanks in advance.