From: "Craig McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 10:58:59
To:user@shale.apache.org
Subject: Re: ViewController callbacks

On 8/12/06, Enrique Medina Montenegro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've configured my JSF bean to be aware of ViewController callbacks, both
> using annotations and extending AbstractViewController, but my prerender()
> and preprocess() methods never get invoked.

Hmm ... it looks like something broke for the @Prerender annotation with
recent changes ... I'll look into that today.

I've seen that the ViewControllerCallbacks2 class has the callback
> invocation of my methods, but I cannot see when or why this class is
> invoked, as LifeCycleListener class doesn't use it at all.

Do I have to configure something?

No, this doesn't need to be configured.  The basic idea is that shale-core
cofigures the non-annotations-based ViewControllerCallbacks instance by
default, but at startup time checks to see if the ViewControllerCallbacks2
class is available and uses that instead.  (This is probably what got
broken.)

Thanks.

Craig