According to the Documentation for the shale-tiles TilesViewHandler:

*       Strips off the view ID's suffix (eg: "/tiles/test.jsp" becomes
"/tiles/test")
*       Searches for a tile with the resulting name, with or without the
leading slash (eg: "/tiles/test" or "tiles/test")

I was not getting this behavior at all.  My tile is defined as inbox, and my
navigation rule points to /inbox.jsp.  The view handler cannot successfully
find the tile named inbox.  I looked at the source for this class and even
though the javadoc says that the leading slash is stripped off, I could find no
code anywhere in that class that looked for the tile, and if it wasn't found
stripped of a leading slash and looked for the tile again.

If I remove the leading slash from my navigation rule, I get the follwoing
error:

(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:285) - ViewId must start with '/' (viewId = inbox.jsp)

I am using the shale 1.03 release.

Thanks for your help.

JB