BTW, from my understanding, whenever Shale inside an active dialog found an
outcome to another dialog, it should end the active dialog, and start the
new one.

Is this Shale behaviour?

Thanks.

On 8/30/06, Enrique Medina Montenegro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm trying to do what I think is a common behaviour in any web
application: transit from one module to another. I'm using Shale to start a
new dialog whenever a new module is clicked.

When I'm already in, let's say, "dialog:module1" and try to go to
"dialog:module2", then I simply define a commandLink with its action being
"dialog:module2". But here is where the problem comes: seems that dialog
manager is not able to fo from one active dialog to another one, unless the
other one is a subdialog of the first one.

Obviously in my case I don't want to make module2 a subdialog of module1,
because they are completely different screens in my application.

What am I missing? How can I configure the dialog manager to switch
between dialogs? I hope this is possible with Shale. I've tried something
like this, but without success:

<dialogs>

    <dialog name="Module1"
        start="StartModule1">

        <action name="StartModule1"
            method="#{some.method.that.does.initialization.stuff }">
            <transition outcome="nextModule1"
                target="Next Module1" />
        </action>

        <view name="Next Module1"
            viewId="/module1/firstScreen.xhtml">

            <transition outcome="changeModule2"
                target="dialog:Module2" />
        </view>

        <end ......... />

    </dialog>

    <dialog name="Module2"
        start="StartModule2">

        <action name="StartModule2"
            method="#{some.method.that.does.initialization.stuff}">
            <transition outcome="nextModule2"
                target="Next Module2" />
        </action>

        <view name="Next Module2"