When you say delete org/apache/shale from my local repo, where would that be
exactly?  I see it in many places.  I have src, classes.  And in what
directory, share-core, shale-dist, etc?  Don't want to delete the wrong one.

Irv

On 9/19/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 9/18/06, Irv Salisbury <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am following the instructions for building from source.  However, I
get
> this error:

/Users/irving/work/apache/shale-src/shale-core/src/main/java/org/apache/shale/component/ValidatorScript.java:[37,36]
> package org.apache.commons.validator does not exist

I saw this last week, and can still reproduce it.  (Delete
org/apache/shale from your local repo and try 'mvn clean install' from
framework.)

It fails even with the Cargo plugin config in settings.xml, but that
really shouldn't have anything to do with commons-validator.

My bet is on dependencyManagement not working correctly again.  I
haven't looked at the changes Craig made recently, I'd start there.

--
Wendy